Painless, No-Prick Facial!

𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓕𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵?! 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓵𝔂?




A post shared by Simply Skin® (@simplyskinph) on
(credits to Simply Skin instagram page: @simplyskinph)

Yes mamshie, such thing exists! Read down below to know how the whole experience went down and for my thoughts. First off, let me just say that it wasn't a part of my plan to do facials. I am perfectly content with my skincare however, I got a bad acne breakout these past few months which led to my deciding to get facial. I will attend a wedding in December and I need to look my best sans acne.

I am in no way affiliated with Simply Skin and all things said below are my experience and thoughts.

I am not a fan of painful procedures. (Dude, who is??) so every time I do something, I research and look for the easiest and painless way to do it. Painless dental procedure, painless waxing and now, PAINLESS FACIAL. My research for painless facial led me to Simply Skin. So me being me, I researched and looked for reviews, procedure and checked their soc med accounts. They are the only facial center here in PH -- so far that I know -- to offer the painless facial using hydrodermabrasion. They are fairly new, I think so reviews and blogs about them are few also. I've stumbled upon preview.ph's review of them which I've linked below.

Review: We Tried a No-Prick Modern Facial and Here's What Happened

It was my first time to do facial and I've been told it's painful because of the pricking and I swore to myself I won't subject my face to such pain, so Simply Skin it is.

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓌 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃: I live in the south so southies, you'd be glad to know that 2 out of 3 branches is here in the south. Current branches are: Ayala Mall Cloverleaf (QC), SM Bicutan (Pque) & Festival Mall (Alabang). I visited their Festival Mall branch and instantly fell in love with their interiors. The colors and interiors they used are eye-catching, minimalist with a modern feel.

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃: Upon entering, you'd be greeted by their receptionist and will be asked for what type of services you'd be doing. I availed their modern facial for Php 1000.00 -- 75 minutes.

(UPDATE: They have a promo for modern facial at Php 850.00 -- 75 minutes, ongoing until December but only on Mondays-Thursday)

They directed me to their procedure room -- also very aesthetic -- and got asked a couple of usual facial questions. If I waxed or tweezed 24 hrs before, applied products containing salicylic acid, got exposed to the sun recently and the like.
 

Rissa, the technician assigned to me, was super accommodating to my questions and she gives me feedback and recommendations as to what serum and masks I should get. Since my main concern was my acne, she recommended the vitamin c serum and tea tree mask which was said to help in controlling and drying up acne. 

After the consultation, she checked the hydration level of my face. Results said my face is at 38.8%. Ideal hydration level is at 50.0% however because of our climate here in the Philippines, our skin falls usually below the normal level and it's totally okay, she said. Our skin hydration level will surely go up after the modern facial.

First things first, she applied cleanser on my face, then the treatments began. She applied another cleansing serum and massaged it to my face then comes the suction wand thing which they call the hydrodermabrasion. It doesn't hurt, just a suction feel on our face but not bothersome at all. In fact, it's actually comforting rather than stinging. Mas masakit pa din ung pricking! 

Then comes the steaming part to open up our pores, serum was then applied to my skin and infused thru the suction wand. 

My favorite part of the experience would be the mask because it was so hydrating and cold. Rissa massaged me while waiting for the mask to dry up. 

After that, it was serum time again + she used some roller wands that gives a stinging sensation which is not actually bothersome. (I actually thought that she used a derma roller since it gives a needle-like sensation but it is not and this is actually the only pain you'll feel in the entire process) 

Next would be the cooling wand to help close the pores. Ang lamig nya, pwedeng cold compress haha tapos ang sarap kasi after the stinging sensation brought by roller wands, ito naman. 

Finally, she applied SPF on my skin, because mamshie this is super important. After everything we checked my face hydration level and it had gone up to a whopping  49.2% Wow diba? From 38% to 49%! 

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑜 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇: They advised me to keep away from pollutants a.k.a outside the mall after and to not use harsh cleanser that night (I am using Cetaphil as a cleanser so they gave me the go to use it that night) The next day, I received a text message from them reminding me what to do, apply, and to stray away from. I love it that they took their time messaging me for the after care.

𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼: Do I recommend it? Why YES OF COURSE, darling! It's refreshing, it's gentle and mild,and definitely NO PRICKING! My skin feels so smooth and thoroughly cleaned after. No after facial stinging and redness and you won't be afraid to go bare faced because you'd be glowing! I am scheduled for another modern facial session two weeks from now and I can't wait!  I have found the facial treatment suitable for me. Thank you, Simply Skin!

You can book for an appointment with them online or simply call their clinic to book a sesh.
BOOK A SESSION @ SIMPLY SKIN HERE!









<< Me literally looking like I just woke up because I just did. Yes, it was that relaxing!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened With Me

Roxas City Trip 2018

Prevent Cervical Cancer. Get Vaccinated!